A PLACE TO SERVE
Once you are plugged in to a Bible Study Class, each member is encouraged to put his or her physical gifts and spiritual gifts in motion. The body of Christ is full of many talented individuals and we need your help to make it all work. Within each class, you will find various opportunities to serve. Whether you are gifted in organizing social events, managing class leadership, or teaching, there is a place for you to serve.
Throughout each year, there are also opportunities to participate in church-wide service projects. News and announcements regarding service projects will be circulated through the various classes and will be printed in the weekly worship bulletin.
A PLACE TO GROW
All Christians should desire to grow in the Lord and expand his or her knowledge of the Word of God. Through Bible Study Classes, small group studies provide members with an opportunity to grow spiritually and to hold each other up in prayer as we strive to reflect the love of Jesus Christ in our every-day lives.
For more information about the Young Adults Ministry at First Baptist Church, please contact Jeff Adams at 281-574-2023 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. He is our Minister to Young Adults and he would like to hear from you.
For more information about the Empty Nesters and Senior Adults Ministry at First Baptist Church, please contact Elbert White at 281-391-1100 or email him at email@example.com. He is our Minister to Senior Adults and he would like to hear from you.
SUNDAY MORNING BIBLE STUDY
Welcome to First Baptist Church’s Adult Ministry. Our desire is to help you find a place to plug in for regular Bible study with other adults in our church. Some of our classes are more age based while others are directed more towards “stage of life.” Either way, we invite you to visit one of our Bible studies and begin a deeper walk in the Word.
Our philosophy for Bible study includes a desire for family discipleship. As such, the curriculum for our young adult Bible study on Sunday morning is the same for both children and their parents. That way, parents are equipped to reinforce scriptural concepts with their children throughout the week. This philosophy is derived from the biblical mandate given to parents in Deuteronomy 6:4-9 which says, “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.”
Here is a listing of YOUNG ADULT classes available that utilize the “Answers in Genesis” Bible study guide:
- “2×2” – Director: Jared Spearman; Teachers: Aaron Carter & Drew Rosser (Room 205)
- “All About Him” – Teacher: Allen Hebert (Room 209)
- “TRUTH” – Teacher: Mark Stewart (Room 213)
- “With One Heart” – Teachers: Sheri Adams (Room 208)
- “One Voice” – Teacher: Gary Penick (Room 116)
- “Not Yet” – Teacher: David Klingler (Bolin Chapel)
- “The Vine” – Teacher: Jeff Adams (Room 215)
The classes designated as Empty Nesters and Senior Adults include:
EMPTY NESTERS (40s – 55ish) ADULT CLASSES:
- “Growing in Faith” (Room 132) Teacher Bob Baldwin (t)
- “Micah” (Choir Room) Teacher: Walt Brown
- “Bereans” (Room 145) Teacher: Bill Dietrich
- “Covenant” (Room 146) Teacher: Daryl Rapp
- “Oasis” (Room 150) Teacher: David Ley
- “The Bible Talks” (Room 148) Teacher: Larry Robinson, Sam Gray, Delmer Mitchell
- “Wings” (East Center) Teacher: Steve Hines
- “Joy” [age 65+] Bride’s Room – Teacher: Cynthia Blackman
- “Son Light” [age 55+] Room 143 – Teacher: Tina Carter
- “Naomi” (Room 101) Teacher: Joy Bolin
- “Women of Valor” (Room 147) Teacher: Ida May Morton
SENIOR ADULT CLASSES:
- “Parlor” (Room 142) Teacher: Jim Foster
- “Faith in Action” (Room 115) Teacher: Elbert White
- “Friendship” (Room 100) Teacher: Bob Kimbrough
- “Keen-Agers” (Room 141) Teacher: Joe Snedden